A world without viral hepatitis.
Through national leadership, advocacy, and strong partnerships ensure effective action on hepatitis B and hepatitis C to meet the needs of all Australians.
The way we work
- We are guided by, and responsive to the needs and interests of all people affected by hepatitis B and hepatitis C.
- We apply health promotion principles and evidence-based practice to our work.
- We respect the cultures, traditions, views, and ways of life of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- We value cultural diversity and equality.
- We collaborate with people and organisations that share our goals.
- We are ethical, accountable and professional in our work.
- We are capable and committed, and take bold steps to make real gains.
Hepatitis Australia helps you by providing national leadership and advocacy on viral hepatitis and support partnerships. The outcomes expected from this are:
- to decrease new infections of viral hepatitis
- to increase the community understanding of viral hepatitis
- to eliminate the barriers to treatment
- to provide accessible quality services
- to provide support networks
- to eradicate stigma and discrimination